MX Player is an awe-inspiring media player in its own specific manner; it can play all media files with excellent sound and quality. And one of the cool highlights is gesture feature. This app is the number one player of this era and it is loved by all the Android users and also can be used as mxplayer app for pc. However, a developer has removed some of the existing codecs from the app by updating it.
So you will not able to play AC3, DTS, MLP, TrueHD by default on MX Player. You can manually download this MX player codecs files to fix the issue. I mention here some of the custom codecs in Zip File. So keep reading this article and you will know how to download MX Player Codec.
Instruction before downloading codec for mx player
- You have to check the version you need going to the Settings/Decoder/General.
- By going to the Custom Codec tab it, you will know which one is needed (x86, tegra2, tegra3, neon).
- Note: If you are using all in one version 2 then skip this step.
- You have to download the one you need so you don’t have to unzip it
- So go back to Settings/Decoder/General and then click on the Custom Codec tab then choose the version you want to download.
- Now you can download the codec files from the link below.
MX Player Custom Codec Zip Files Download
This is for link for codec download.MX_NEON.ZIP
How to Install the Codec Files
This is one way you can choose anyone from the two so below are the steps
- If you have the zip file you got in your internal storage then keep it as it is.
- Then open the MX player and if it is compatible with the codec pack which you have installed it will automatically install the codec pack in the storage so click ok.
- After that app will restart then pack will be installed.
- By now you can enjoy audio to every video without any issue.
Installation Step on How to Install the Codec Files
- First thing is to open MX Player on your phone.
- Then open settings then decoder and general after that custom codec.
- After doing so a dialog box will appear for the navigation of the codec pack.
- So you have to open the folder in which the codec pack is installed then you will find the zip file simply click on it.
- If the zip file you have selected is right then the app will restart.
- Most of the Codec Pack will install the required codec automatically from all the codec in the ZIP file.
- It will restart then you can play DTS audio on MX Player without any issue.
- After you installed the codec check by going to help then about.
You must have the ARMv7 NEON CPU in your device otherwise this application is nothing without the ARMv7 NEON CPU. So before downloading it, you should have on your device and usually MX Player that asks for the codec.